Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All!!
It’s going to be an exciting year; there are many activities planned. Here are a few that are coming up in the near future:
1. CMW Meetings: (Please bring a printed or original watercolor card to donate to our
Sunshine Box to be used to support our members as needed.)
January 11, 2016 at the Paramount Visual Art Studios: Sign in at 6 PM; meeting begins at 6:20. Featured will be a matting demo and framing demo by Robyn York. Many people have questions about this topic and we will have ample time for a Q & A session so be sure to bring yours.
February 8, 2016 at the Paramount Visual Art Studios: Sign in at 6 PM; meeting begins at 6:20. This will be “Easel Night” with members invited to show their paintings of the President’s challenge i.e. “Birds of a Feather” – whatever your interpretation of this theme will be. And you may show any other painting that you wish. This is all about the fun and learning of our art as it is to each of us and is not a critique though you may request input.
March 14, 2016 at the Paramount Visual Art Studios: Sign in at 6 PM; meeting begins at 6:20. Featured will be a demo by Minnesota watercolorist, Pat Choffrut. You may see her work on Etsy, Pinterest or You tube.
2. Upcoming shows: Robyn York Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
* St. Cloud Hospital Show: “Labor of Love” Feb. 1-29
Signup to Robyn York by **January 26th**. $5 entry fee/artist for the show.
* Whitney Show: February 1 – March 31.
Signup to Robyn York by **January 26th**. No entry Fee for this show.
* Good Shepherd Show: March 1-31.
Signup to Robyn York by **February 25th**. $5 entry fee/artist for the show.
3. CMW dues needed by January 31st. Art by members who are on the CMW website will be removed once their dues lapse. Please send your payment or contact Robyn York in regard to your member status.
4. Don Andrews Workshop in St. Cloud – This workshop will be held at the Paramount Visual Arts Studio April 5-8, 2016. The Paramount will open this up to the general public so be sure to contact Derick Segerstrom at the Paramount soon to make your reservation. There will also be a demo by Don at the April CMW meeting. To register, contact Derick Segerstrom by phone: 320) 257-5928 or by clicking here: email@example.com
5. Campfire Bay Paint In Weekend – March 10-13th. Register soon – first come, first serve . The CMW Board has decided to open the weekend up to other watercolorists so contact Robyn York to get your name on the list. It will be a great time to paint – the studio will be open 24/7 for us so you can go with the flow of your creative clock! Payment in full will be due February 8th (at CMW meeting) at the latest. Day guests are welcome for a fee of $45 which does include the studio fee.
6. Kerry Kupferschmidt Classes – Kerry will be teaching Watercolor Class I for Brainerd Community Education. It is an “intermediate level” class, emphasizing landscape & color mixing/ glazing. Dates for the class are Feb 11th – March 17th, 2016. 5 classes 6:30- 9:00 pm at Falcon Ridge Middle school, Baxter MN. It will be in their Community Ed Bulletin too. Contact Kerry at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further information.