- A solo show by Sandra Driscoll is taking place in Little Falls, MN at the Morrison County Government Building gallery during the months of December through February.
2. Registration for Don Andrews Workshop: April 5-8, 2016 – Sign up NOW by calling Derick at 320-257-5928 We are extremely fortunate to have Don Andrews, nationally known watercolorist, conduct a 4 day workshop for CMW members and painters from the surrounding area. Don is a an active member of the American Watercolor Society as well as a past board member. He has authored many books and DVDs as well as articles in American Artist and American Artist Watercolor Edition.
Be sure to sign up immediately to secure a spot with Don since this workshop will be available to the public also. The fee is $375. Don will ALSO give the CMW membership a demo on April 4 or 5. Date to be decided soon.
3. Call for Art – Essential Art Show 2016
Visual Arts Minnesota seeks entries for the Essential Art 2016 juried exhibition. Open to Minnesota residents. Register artwork in any media (painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, etc.) completed within the past two years. The Essential Art Exhibition has been an opportunity for artists to come together on a yearly basis and exhibit their best work. Included in the process is an artist critique on the day of the reception with the juror and a docent talk of the winning pieces during the reception.
* NEW THIS YEAR: Jurying will be online and only accepted work will be delivered to the gallery.
DEADLINE: 11:59 PM on Tuesday, December 29th, 2015.
Register online at www.visualartsminnsota.com.
Late applications will not be considered. Accepted works will be notified on Monday, January 4th, 2016.
$1750 in Awards!! 1st Place: $500 (in each 2D & 3D) 2nd Place: $250 (in each 2D & 3D) 3rd Place: $125 (in each 2D & 3D)
4. CMW Newsletter and Tips is now on the website so be sure to see those tabs. The newsletter has LOTS of show and event information for you to note on your calendar.
5. CMW Holiday Meeting – December 14, 2015: Begin to gather at 6 PM. There will be an original holiday card exchange, treats and a viewing prize winners from the national Transparent National Water Society show.