We start off with a new month and many events(LOTS) on the calendar!
- CMW Meetings
* February 8th, 6PM at Paramount Arts Studio — Bring your interpretive painting of “Birds of a Feather” for our Easel night -even if you haven’t completed it. Or you can bring any piece as you wish. You can explain your approach and ask for input as desired. There will also be an overview of the CMW website and what’s next. This is also the last chance to register for the Campfire Bay Weekend from March 10-13.
* March 14th, 6 PM at Paramount Arts Studio — There will be a demo on abstract painting from Gail Speckmann. You may click on her website to see her work: gailspeckmann.com.
* April (date ??) 6 PM at Paramount Arts Studio —Watch this website and the CMW newsletter for an official announcement about the date of the meeting. The plan is to have a demo by Don Andrews, our spring workshop artist, sometime
in the first week of April.
* Whitney Senior Center – CMW Show runs from February 1 – March 31.
Hang date is March 1st. Enter the main entrance and check in with Jodi Speicher for direction to the art display area
3. Events ( Educational and Other Activities)
Final arrangements are being confirmed for the March 10-13th CMW painting weekend. This will be great fun. Payment is due at the Feb CMW meeting. Registrations will close as of that date. Please contact Robyn York to sign up. Her email is email@example.com.
Share Your Art!
Holdingford High School FAN Club (Fine Arts Now) is looking for YOU to share your talents for our “Celebration of the Arts” event on Sunday March 13th from 1-3:00pm at the Holdingford High School, with a focus on having several “hand on” activities for people to try. We want to celebrate that art is all around us, so we have people joining us from ALL kinds of arts: song, dance, instrumentals, speeches, woodworking, cake decorating, hair stylist, balloon tying, florist, the list goes on! We want you to join us and celebrate your art! We are looking for artists to volunteer your talents and help us to celebrate art all around us. In exchange for volunteering your talents we encourage you to bring anything to promote your business/service.If you are willing to share your talents with our community, please contact Geriann Friday at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 320-333-5577. Items also accepted for our silent auction/raffle.
This workshop runs from April 5-8th and will focus on painting persons in landscapes. Please contact the Paramount Visual Arts Center for registration.
This event in event will include all kinds of watercolor and watermedia, continuous demo’s under the big mirror, artists at work on the sidelines every day, a chance to visit with artists. Art is for sale, all original works, even cards are original artworks. Free admission. Contact the northstarwatermedia.com site if interested.
Kathy Braud is giving a demo under the big mirror at Artist Market 2016 at 6 PM Friday evening, May 14, 2016. A floral – loose and abstract is the plan for that demo.
* Congratulations – Sandra Driscoll was accepted into the Arts In Harmony for this year. The show runs from Feb 1 to March 24 at the Sherbourne County building in Elk River. A reception will be held Feb 7 from 1:00 to 3:30. Here is one of her paintings:
The 2016 Juried Exhibit is on display at the Jaques Art Center, Aitkin, MN which goes until February 20th, 2016 Judge, Derek Davis.
She has 3 art pieces on display at that exhibit. Here is one of her works:
Kathy has a watercolor art exhibition at the Amherst H. Wilder Foundation, St Paul, MN January – March 2016
Kathy will also be the featured exhibit artist at the Crossing Arts in Brainerd for February and March. Saturday, Feb 13 will be a meet and greet plus a demo from 10 AM – 2 PM.
*Phishing- without a line, hook and sinker!! Recently some phishing emails have come to the CMW website. So, how do you know if an email is real or is phishing. Here are some cautionary tips for you:
* You will note unusual or strange language used – references are general and not specific.
* It is common that there are compliments of some kind that are made
* They often refer to a different website
* The emails commonly are of a gmail address and there are numbers associated with the name ie
email@example.com. This is a red flag for a phishing email.