HAPPY FALL!! Doesn’t this candy corn look yummy? (Thanks to Robyn York for sharing)
I’m back — Just in case you were wondering if the CMW website was “frozen”. Nope – it’s not. The CMW updates and news posts will now be back on track. The 2016 calendar is updated; the newsletters are up to date. This summer has been one of great transition for this author necessitating, among other things, a change in email address. My new email is email@example.com. Please use this tp communicate with me about anything related to your events, your successes, your questions, your images or anything else.
So – let’s get to it!
1. 2016 Meetings held at the Paramount Art Studios:
* September 12th, Monday – Annual CMW Member meeting. Come to meet and greet colleagues, bring items for the Silent Auction, enjoy a
free dinner, find out the future of CMW and provide your input. Arrive at 5:15 to register and submit Silent Auction items plus meet friends and new members. REMEMBER to visit the Paramount show before September 12th and bring your voting form for the new Member’s Choice Award. The form is found at the back of the August newsletter — print it and bring it. Another important item — CMW will need a new Treasurer and a new Vice President. CMW depends on member volunteers to fill these leadership roles. The Board operates in a collegial way and decisions are made by consensus where there is support given to all positions. Consider stepping forward to fill with these roles.
* October 10th, Monday – Meeting and demo to be determined. The planned artist had an unexpected conflict and cannot attend. Arrive at 6 PM to sign in, signup for shows and network
* November 14th, Monday – Meeting and demo by Peggy Hall -her focus is use of mixed media. Arrive at 6 PM to sign in, signup for shows and networking.
Here are 2 of Peggy’s works – you can see more at www.peggyhall.com:
* December 12th, Monday – Holiday meeting with an original watercolor card exchange (optional); please bring treats to share. 6 PM Arrival.
2. CMW Shows
Art in the Garden show – was held in July, 2016 – This is the report to you from Pat Spence, CMW coordinator of this show
“CMW had fourteen members participate. Nine members sold art: cards and matted and framed paintings. We had a beautiful display of paintings this year, and the sales are testimony to that. In spite of the heat, we had good traffic and a very fun time. Sales totaled $475.00.
November 4, 2016 – Best Ever $50 Sale Show – this is a new concept brought to you by the CMW Board. This is an all club, framed or unframed art show. Each piece – framed or unframed – must be able to be hung. All works will have a price of $50 and there is no limit to the number of pieces you hang. You put up and take down your work – which needs to have your name on it. It will be held at the Paramount in Studio B from 5-9 PM. Hanging the art will begin at 3:30 – please arrive early enough to have your work hung by Art Crawl time. There are to be no early take downs. Members will be available to handle sales.
3. Events – Includes workshops, other organization invitations
**September 27th Plein Aire 1 Day Workshop – Dan Mondloch will be teaching a one day plein air watercolor workshop at Tall Pines Retreats on Lake Alexander, Cushing,MN. The workshop will be on September 27 from 10-4, but participants can start arriving by 9. The cost is $75 and a $5 facility fee. Please bring a bag lunch and beverage.
Dan will be demonstrating and teaching. Since the cabin has many windows , participants can paint from within or outside and/or a combination of both!
Plan to come and enjoy a fun day in a beautiful setting ;) Limited Enrollment- register early!
For more information and to register with Marilyn Girtz:
320-232-9706 text/call or click on this email firstname.lastname@example.org
** Matting Workshop – FREE to members –November 5, 2016 given by Robyn York who has much expertise in this area. It will be held at Watab Town Hall from 1-4. Bring some mat board materials to work with for this hands on workshop.
* Lian Quan Zhen Fall workshop October 24-26, 2016 focus is Chinese Painting. This is a great time to learn how to paint with simple strokes and exercise your skills in not overworking your paintings. Signup with Derick Segerstrom at the Paramount 320-257-5928 or email at email@example.com. Here are examples of Lian’s Chinese paintings:
* Ted Nuttall 2017 Spring Workshop coming to the Paramount with a focus on painting portraits. This nationally known artist is in high demand so let Derick Segerstrom know of your interest in signing up for this workshop. The fee for CMW members is $450. Contact Derick Segerstrom at the Paramount 320-257-5928 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Here are examples of Ted’s work:
- Demo artists are needed for art crawls in St. Cloud – Contact a CMW board member to volunteer. It’s a fun experience — and you can be doing most anything which is entertaining to the visitors.