The beautiful days of Fall are here in this glorious depiction by CMW member
Here are the latest happenings
**October CMW Meeting
Monday, October 10th at the Paramount Studios, 6 PM
Susan Fryer Voigt will demo at the CMW October meeting at the Paramount. She uses a mixed media approach and here is what she says:”Here is the information about what I will be demonstrating. In 2011, I was fortunate to study with a well-known American artist in Scotland. During those two weeks of painting with transparent watercolors outdoors, the instructor suggested that I might be a “layerist” instead of a transparent watercolorist. He offered his casein and acrylic paints so that I could work the way I do with acrylics, pastels, oils and casein. Since then, I have been using watercolor in a “layerist” manner – often using a roller and trowels along with brushes to attain the dimension and texture. Aquapasto is an additive that thickens watercolor and gouache can really make a difference. Even plein air painting is now pleasurable with watercolors. I will be demonstrating how I use these tools, paints, additives, and different surfaces.” Susan Fryer Voigt
Here are some examples of her work:
**November CMW Meeting
Monday, November 14 at the Paramount Studios – 6 PM
Peggy Hall will be the demonstrator for this meeting. Here is what she says about her work:
I call myself an “intuitive painter” — Putting my energy into each brushstroke. Each painting I create has my unique style and color.
My diversity can be experienced in the various media I utilize. As an artist I never limit myself. I am open to exploring new techniques. My goal is that my brushwork will reflect my passion and love for painting. When my painting touches your heart and soul, I know it is truly good.
Here are examples of her work:
**December CMW Meeting
Monday, Dec 12, 2016 CMW Holiday Meeting at Paramount Studios – 6 PM
This is a holiday social so bring a treat, bring an original Christmas card for the card exchange, bring your holiday spirit and enjoy the ASW show.
~Upcoming CMW Shows~
* November 4, 2016 – Best Ever $50 Sale in Paramount Studio B, 5-9 PM. Hang between 3:30-4:45 PM. Bring your pieces labeled with your name, ready to hang – do not need to be framed. You hang and you take down — no early take-downs. No limit to the number of pieces you may show. All art is to be sold for $50. Need volunteers to help with updating the display and for signage. To notify Robyn York of your interest click herer at email@example.com.
* November 4 – December ? –Rivers Edge Convention Center – 2 paintings/artist. $5 participation fee. Drop off paintings November 4 between 4-5 PM. Takedown date to be determined.
* Watch for upcoming 2017 CMW Shows
*Matting Workshop – FREE to members –November 5, 2016 given by Robyn York who has much expertise in this area. It will be held at Watab Town Hall from 1-4.
Bring some back board and mat board materials to work with for this hands on workshop.
*Lian Quan Zhen Fall workshop October 24-26, 2016 focus is Chinese Painting. This is a great time to learn how to paint with simple strokes and exercise your skills in not overworking your paintings. The Paramount is now opening up the last 7 openings beyond CMW members Sign up with Derick Segerstrom at the Paramount 320-257-5928 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Here are examples of Lian’s Chinese paintings:
* Campfire Bay Resort – CMW Paint In – Cushing MN – March 9-12, 2017: Plan now to come and enjoy distraction-free days of painting to your heart’s content or whatever you want to do.i.e. take walks, sit by the lake – or do all of them.The Resort accommodates groups and is well setup for great work areas. Network with friends and colleagues. Open to CMW members. Signup at one of the CMW meetings or contact a board member.
* Ted Nuttall 2017 Spring Workshop coming to the Paramount with a focus on painting portraits. This nationally known artist is in high demand so let Derick Segerstrom know of your interest in signing up for this workshop. The fee for CMW members is $450. Contact Derick Segerstrom at the Paramount 320-257-5928 or email at email@example.com. .
Here are examples of Ted’s work:
- Demo artists are needed for art crawls. Please volunteer and notify a board member of your interest.
- The NorthStar Watermedia National Juried Exhibition will be held from October 1 -30, 2016, at the Lakeville Area Arts Center. Juror Kerry Morgan, director of gallery and exhibition programs at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design (MCAD), has selected 65 paintings out of 287 paintings submitted by 117 local, national and international artists. The public is invited to the opening reception and awards ceremony on Sunday, October 9, 2016, from 2 – 4 p.m. at the Lakeville Area Arts Center during which Ms Morgan will announce over $5,000 in awards.The Lakeville Area Arts Center is located at 20965 Holyoke Ave in Lakeville, MN 55044. Phone: 952-985-4640. Gallery hours: Mon.- Fri. 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.; Wed. 8 a.m. – 9 p.m