It’s going to be an exciting year; there are many activities planned. Here are a few that are coming up in the near future:
1. CMW Meetings: (Please bring a printed or original watercolor card to donate to our Sunshine Boxto be used to support our members as needed.)
January 11, 2016 at the Paramount Visual Art Studios: Sign in at 6 PM; meeting begins at 6:20. Featured will be a matting demo and framing demo by Robyn York. Many people have questions about this topic and we will have ample time for a Q & A session so be sure to bring yours. February 8, 2016at the Paramount Visual Art Studios: Sign in at 6 PM; meeting begins at 6:20. This will be “Easel Night” with members invited to show their paintings of the President’s challenge i.e. “Birds of a Feather” – whatever your interpretation of this theme will be. And you may show any other painting that you wish. This is all about the fun and learning of our art as it is to each of us and is not a critique though you may request input. March 14, 2016 at the Paramount Visual Art Studios: Sign in at 6 PM; meeting begins at 6:20. Featured will be a demo by Minnesota watercolorist, Pat Choffrut. You may see her work on Etsy, Pinterest or You tube.
2. Upcoming shows: Robyn York Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org * St. Cloud Hospital Show: “Labor of Love” Feb. 1-29 Signup to Robyn York by **January 26th**. $5 entry fee/artist for the show. * Whitney Show: February 1 – March 31. Signup to Robyn York by **January 26th**.No entry Fee for this show. *Good Shepherd Show: March 1-31. Signup to Robyn York by **February 25th**. $5 entry fee/artist for the show.
3. CMW dues needed by January 31st.Art by members who are on the CMW website will be removed once their dues lapse. Please send your payment or contact Robyn York in regard to your member status.
4. Don Andrews Workshop in St. Cloud– This workshop will be held at the Paramount Visual Arts Studio April 5-8, 2016. The Paramount will open this up to the general public so be sure to contact Derick Segerstrom at the Paramount soon to make your reservation. There will also be a demo by Don at the April CMW meeting. To register, contact Derick Segerstrom by phone: 320) 257-5928 or by clicking here: email@example.com 5. Campfire Bay Paint In Weekend – March 10-13th. Register soon – first come, first serve . The CMW Board has decided to open the weekend up to other watercolorists so contact Robyn York to get your name on the list. It will be a great time to paint – the studio will be open 24/7 for us so you can go with the flow of your creative clock! Payment in full will be due February 8th (at CMW meeting) at the latest. Day guests are welcome for a fee of $45 which does include the studio fee.
6. Kerry Kupferschmidt Classes– Kerry will be teaching Watercolor Class I for Brainerd Community Education. It is an “intermediate level” class, emphasizing landscape & color mixing/ glazing. Dates for the class are Feb 11th – March 17th, 2016. 5 classes 6:30- 9:00 pm at Falcon Ridge Middle school, Baxter MN. It will be in their Community Ed Bulletin too. Contact Kerry at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further information.
Frank Zeller Workshop – Nineteen people attended this educational event which was held Oct 10-11 at the Paramount Visual Arts Center. Many concepts were covered which put the attending artists hard at work and much learning was undertaken.
Frank and art
Frank and art
Hard at work
More work ~~
River’s Edge Convention Center in St. Cloud– If you haven’t see the CMW Show as yet, be sure to stop by. Takedown of the CMW show is scheduled for Monday, November 30th from 4-5 PM. Mark your calendars!
The CMW October Meetingfeatured CMW member Kerry Kupferschmidt as the demonstrating artist. Kerry specializes in professional renderings of homes and showed how he uses watercolor to create and enhance his images. Thank you, Kerry!
Next CMW Meeting – Monday, November 9, 2015 at the Paramount – Steph Young will give an update about exciting CMW happenings. In addition, our featured demonstration artist will be Duane Barnhart. Here is what he says, “The translucent quality of watercolor lets the paper reflect light to create an inner glow that gives the painting more life. I enjoy both plein air painting on location and working in my studio on Big Pine Lake south of Aitkin, Minnesota. I try to capture a sense of presence and a fresh look at the subject. I enjoy experimenting with the use of saturated color and strive to take advantage of the translucency of the paints. ” To see his work click on this site: http://duane-barnhart.com
When the winter blahs strike, CMW will be there— Watch for an update about the planning and signup for a CMW paint in at Campfire Bay Resort in Cushing, MN for March 10-13th, 2016. It’s a beautiful resort ina a beautiful area only about an hour north of St. Cloud– modern and super accommodations. More information to come shortly.
There are CMW Art exhibits on display in St. Cloud at the Whitney Senior Center and the River’s Edge Convention Center until November 30. Stop by and see them.
There is an upcoming CMW show planned at the Waite Park Library. There are openings and the artist information is due to Robyn York by October 26th, 2015. You may contact Robyn by clicking her email email@example.com.
The CMW October Newsletteris now on the website under the Newsletter tab. Check it out for the latest update and calendar.
The Paramount Visual Arts Centeris taking registrations for art classes. Included in those offerings are a Watercolor Wonders Workshop by Dan Mondloch– Saturday, October 17 from 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM. Elly VanDiestis conducting a series of classes titled Beyond the Basics of Watercolor– to be held on Tuesdays from October 17 – November 17 from 10 AM – 12:30 PM. Contact the Paramount Visual Arts Center for further details and registration.
Planning Ahead – Mark your calendar— The CMW board is pursuing a CMW weekend painting getaway at a resort location about an hour north of St. Cloud. This is a great time to paint what you wish, have fun and enjoy time with your friends and colleagues. It is tentatively scheduled for March 10-13, 2016. More details to come soon.
Website and copyright protection– The website has been updated with a program that prevents downloading and copying of paintings in response to a concern for protecting artists’ right to copyright protection for their work.
THANK YOU – Thanks to Jan Loebel and Tim Schreder for representing CMW and providing watercolor demonstrations at the Paramount studios for the annual Gala event held Saturday, October 3rd. CMW is increasingly being requested to show their work and talents for more visibility at the Paramount Visual Arts Center. This is great for artists and for CMW as a whole and all members are encouraged to sign up when opportunities present.