The CMW March meeting featured a demo by Carol Spohn on the topic of batik watercolor painting. Under the Learning- Meeting tab go to the Demo’s and Meetings subtab for images.
Under the TIPS tab - under the Websites subtab there is a new video about application and different methods of using mask.
NOTE: The CMW April 13th meeting has had a change in the demonstrator due to the change with the Lian Zhen workshop moving to June. In April, Pam Hall will be the demonstrator and her topic will be multimedia and watercolor.
The next Office Art DisplaySelectiondeadline from the Sales Gallery is Tuesday, March 24th so be sure to get your art submitted before this date.
Here are a number of opportunities and activities of note: * CMW Meeting Monday, March 9th – 6 PM at the Paramount Studios. Demo by Carol Spohn: Watercolor on Batik
* Visual Arts Minnesota Invitation to participate in March 20th, 2015 Art Crawl – Here is the invite from Natalie Ratha: “We have an Art Scope Community Gallery at Falcon National Bank in St. Cloud. This location also has an atrium and is a stop during the Downtown St. Cloud Art Crawl. We are looking for artists to set up their own tables and display to showcase their art work during the upcoming artcrawl on Friday, March 20th in the atrium. I am reaching out to our members first. We are looking for around 5 artists. The event takes place from 5pm to 9pm. You would have to be set up and ready to go before 5pm. Please let me know if you are interested in this opportunity. I would like to know by Tuesday, March 9th. Thank you! Natalie” Visual Arts Minnesota, (320)230-8000 or click on: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Exhibit Application Timelines:See the “Other exhibits tab” for details and application opening and deadlines for:
– the upcoming Northstar Watermedia Fall show – applications taken : April 1 – July 1, 2015
– for The Christian Arts Festival at Trinity School deadline to enter is March 13, 2015
– new posting for the Red River Watercolor Society national show – deadline for entry is April 1,
2015 – Red River Water Color Society March 2015 (click to see prospectus)
*Under the Tips tabin the “Other tips” section there are 4 websites listed that contain free photo reference material ; in the “Website” section there is a site for a guide to taking photos, and the March 15 Newletter tips regarding “Shadows” is in the Newsletter tips section.
* See the Exhibits tab – CMW Exhibits to view many of the paintings shown at the GRA Gallery. – Also see Linda Addicott and Bonnie Schwichtenberg who have exhibits at Whitney
*See the Congrats Tab to view Judy Meyeraan’s acceptance into a juried show. * See the Tips Tab under the Website section to view a new link to an artist blog spot – many subjects of interest for artists
*Under the Meetings/Learning tab – Classes/WS’s – See information re: Dan Mondloch’sworkshop
being held in the Melrose area.
* You will notice a change in the Calendar tab – Click on the 2015 calendar and you will see a
new format for the topics and increased level of detail for the 2015 year. Note that calendar items are always subject to change due to variability in weather, venue, presenter schedules etc. Every attempt will be made to keep the calendar updated with any changes as they occur.