Here are a number of opportunities and activities of note:
* CMW Meeting Monday, March 9th – 6 PM at the Paramount Studios. Demo by Carol Spohn: Watercolor on Batik
* Visual Arts Minnesota Invitation to participate in March 20th, 2015 Art Crawl – Here is the invite from Natalie Ratha: “We have an Art Scope Community Gallery at Falcon National Bank in St. Cloud. This location also has an atrium and is a stop during the Downtown St. Cloud Art Crawl. We are looking for artists to set up their own tables and display to showcase their art work during the upcoming artcrawl on Friday, March 20th in the atrium. I am reaching out to our members first. We are looking for around 5 artists. The event takes place from 5pm to 9pm. You would have to be set up and ready to go before 5pm. Please let me know if you are interested in this opportunity. I would like to know by Tuesday, March 9th. Thank you! Natalie” Visual Arts Minnesota, (320)230-8000 or click on: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Exhibit Application Timelines: See the “Other exhibits tab” for details and application opening and deadlines for:
– the upcoming Northstar Watermedia Fall show – applications taken : April 1 – July 1, 2015
– for The Christian Arts Festival at Trinity School deadline to enter is March 13, 2015
– new posting for the Red River Watercolor Society national show – deadline for entry is April 1,
2015 – Red River Water Color Society March 2015 (click to see prospectus)
*Under the Tips tab in the “Other tips” section there are 4 websites listed that contain free photo reference material ; in the “Website” section there is a site for a guide to taking photos, and the March 15 Newletter tips regarding “Shadows” is in the Newsletter tips section.
The new TIPS tab is now available. It is composed of 3 sections i.e. CMW Newsletter tips, Other Artist tips and Websites. See that tab for LOTS of information. I sincerely hope you enjoy it. Please feel free to contact me with potential additions, corrections, or obsolete sites. On the Tips site, see Dan Mondloch’s information in the form of a You Tube video and a written instructional about his Reverse Watermedia Painting technique. Both are available in the Tips tab.
This is the first time for Northstar Watermedia Society to host Northstar National Watermedia Exhibition to be held September 12-October 18, 2015 at Hopkins Center for the Arts. See the Exhibit tab for more specific information about registration, timing and the show.
See the Meetings tab for new art related to the President’s Challenge titled “Food for Thought”.
Dan Mondloch received 2nd place in the Arts in Harmony Show at Elk River. See the Congrats tab for more on that.
Dan also has a Dillman’s flyer available on the Meetings-Learning tab under the Classes/Workshops sub tab.
Local Exhibit Opportunities:
1. 2nd Annual Sartell Pine Groove Art Festival
This indoor arts and craft fair will be held at Sartell Middle School on Saturday April 25, 2015, and they are looking for a wide variety of artists and crafters. In addition to the arts and craft fair, they will have live music throughout the day, provided by students, music faculty, community musicians, and youth choirs.
2. Visual Arts Minnesota – Call for Artists to display in local venues.
See the Exhibits Tab -Other Exhibit Opportunities for these event details, registration and contact information.
Free Artist Classes at the Banfill-Locke Center for the Arts, Fridley MN
There are a number of upcoming free classes related to “business” aspects of becoming an artist.
See the Meetings-Learning tab and the Classes/workshop topic for further details.