Happy Valentines’ Day
You will notice a change in approach to these posts which will be on a trial basis. There will be 4 sections:
1. CMW Meetings— included will be presentations images from the most recent meeting and plans for the next 3 months.
2. CMW Shows — included will be CMW shows coming up in the near future
3. Events (Educational and other events) — included in this section will be regional workshops, paint ins, area and show opportunities based on notice to the CMW website administrator . The first post for an event will contain detailed information as available. Events will continue to be referenced until the date of registration or the event has passed. The original posting date with information will be referenced as you will see in this post. You can also find information in the appropriate tabs on this website.
4. Announcements — included will be acknowledgement of awards, show entries key board messages and other items of interest. Please send your information and image(s) to Mary Buhl at firstname.lastname@example.org and to Bonnie Schwichtenberg at email@example.com. (Bonnie publishes the CMW newsletter)
Your feedback is most welcome! You may contact any member of the CMW Board or Mary or Bonnie at the above emails.
Here’s the latest news :
1. CMW Meetings
* The February CMW meeting was held on Feb. 8th with artists showing their “Birds of a Feather” interpretive art. Here are some of those works:
* March 14th, 6 PM at Paramount Arts Studio — The demo will be done by Gail Speckman. You may view more of her work at gailspeckmann.com.
* April (date ??) 6 PM at Paramount Arts Studio —Watch this website and the CMW newsletter for an official announcement about the date of the meeting. The plan is to have a demo by Don Andrews, our spring workshop artist, sometime
in the first week of April.
* May 9th, Monday at 6 PM at Paramount Arts Studio —Demo by Ellen Jean Diederich. To see more of her work click on this website address givinity.com
2. CMW Shows
* Good Shepherd Nursing Home, Sauk Rapids – March 1-31.
Robyn says “I will need your artist information by February 25th. I need titles, price, and contact information (email or phone #). It looks like we will have room for 2 pieces per artist. The participation fee is $5 and can be paid when we hang.We will hang between 4:00 and 5:00 on March 1st and take down between 4:00 and 5:00 on March 31st. If you can not be there at these times please make arrangements for delivery or pick up of your paintings.Good Shepherd is in Sauk Rapids, the address is 1115 4th Ave N.” Enter the main entrance and check in with Jodi Speicher for direction to the art display area Robyn’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* St. Cloud Hospital – “Labor of Love” – May 1-31. Information due to Robyn York by April 26, 2016. You may email her at email@example.com
3. Events (Educational and other)
*Share Your Art! *Holdingford High School – please contact Geriann Friday at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 320-333-5577. Items also accepted for our silent auction/raffle. See original post Feb 2,2016 for full details.
Christian Arts Festival, Eagan, MN: We are about a month away from the March 4 deadline for submitting art to this year’s Christian Arts Festival. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call or email me and I can help you out. Also, the deadline for art submission has some flexibility, please just let me know where you are in the process. Furthermore, we are happy to announce that the internationally acclaimed artist Makoto Fujimura will be speaking at our festival. Please see the website for further details. Contact:Cell Phone: 651.246.5234 – WEBSITE: TSRRARTS.ORG ; Art submission information
*Artists’ Market 2016! – Northstar Watermedia Event, May 13-14, 2016. Deadline: March 17 Please download the Registration Form (Registration Form in Word OR 2016 Registration form word pdf) and follow directions on it. You can mail the completed form to Pat (see top of form)
See original post Feb 2,2016 for full details.
Artistry Opens Call for Artists for 2018 Exhibition Year (Bloomington, MN) –All proposals must be received online by March 31, 2016 to be considered and a $10 non-refundable application fee is required. For more information about application requirements and to apply, please visit artistrymn.org/visual_arts/apply/exhibit or contact Rachel Daly at 952-563-8570. See original post of Jan 16, 2016 for full details.
*Don Andrews Workshop at Paramount Visual Arts Center ( St. Cloud) – April 5-8th with a focus on painting figures into landscapes. Cost $375 – register with the Paramount Visual Art Center – Derick Segerstrom Ph: (320) 257-5928 or email: email@example.com
**Plein Air Grand Marais 2016 CompetitionThe Grand Marais Art Colony is seeking submissions for the 14th Annual Plein Air Grand Marais competition September 9 – 16, 2016. Applications are being accepted via onlinejuriedshows.com . Deadline: Friday, April 8th 2016, 11:45pm See original post of Jan 9, 2016 for full details.
Congratulations to Kathy Braud: Great news! On Thursday, February 11th Kathy was interviewed at 8:10 with Northern Community Radio KAXE | KBXE during their Morning Show that day. They gave a head’s up about her demo and meet & greet on Feb. 13thheld at the Crossing Arts Feature Event. The Northern Community Radio studios are based in Grand Rapids and Bemidji. Alauna Yust, the radio show producer said: “I have looked through your work on the web extensively, and I can hardly believe you work in watercolor. It is just so bold and colorful! I can’t wait to learn more about your work.”