Local Exhibit Opportunities:
1. 2nd Annual Sartell Pine Groove Art Festival
This indoor arts and craft fair will be held at Sartell Middle School on Saturday April 25, 2015, and they are looking for a wide variety of artists and crafters. In addition to the arts and craft fair, they will have live music throughout the day, provided by students, music faculty, community musicians, and youth choirs.
2. Visual Arts Minnesota - Call for Artists to display in local venues.
See the Exhibits Tab -Other Exhibit Opportunities for these event details, registration and contact information.
Free Artist Classes at the Banfill-Locke Center for the Arts, Fridley MN
There are a number of upcoming free classes related to “business” aspects of becoming an artist.
See the Meetings-Learning tab and the Classes/workshop topic for further details.
To All CMW Members: Due to the need to close the Paramount by 9 PM and in order for the CMW meeting to be conducted in full, the meeting time will begin earlier and generally be conducted as follows:
* 6:00 PM – Arrival, sign-in and networking
* 6:20 PM – Meeting call to order
* 6:35 PM – Demo (or other scheduled activity)
* 8:40 PM – Demo concludes – meeting adjourns
This begins with the February, 2015 meeting and continues from this point on.
CMW Board of Directors
There are 2 new art show opportunities – one is the MN Fringe Lottery and the other is the 2015 Christian Arts Festival being held in Eagan, MN. Go to the Exhibits tab and select the “Other Exhibits” category to see more details and the related online links about both of these events.
Under the Meetings-Learning tab in the category of Classes/Workshops there a couple of new opportunities:
1. An acrylic workshop by Bonnie Cutts from Golden on recovering your paintings – January 31, 2015 in White Bear Center for the Arts – detail and link provided in the above tab
2. A new listing and detail for a watercolor class by Bonnie Schwichtenberg on the Sauk Rapids Community Education schedule .
On that same page you will see a complete listing of the Spring classes being held at the Paramount by a variety of CMW instructors and topics.
Under the Exhibits tab in the category of “Member Exhibit Events”, you will find details for an exhibit by Sandra Driscoll.